What Is The Training Arcade™?
The Training Arcade™ brought to you by The Game Agency, is a library of fun, casual games that can be rapidly customized with your content to reinforce educational material, assess knowledge retention, measure overall teaching effectiveness, and improve learning outcomes.
Why The Training Arcade™?
Traditional eLearning is primarily passive, which can be uninspiring, disengaging, and ineffective. The games in The Training Arcade™ actively engage learners with content to drive a more meaningful & rewarding experience and longer term retention.
93% of companies that use game-based learning say it is superior to other forms of rich-skill practice.
As a complement to traditional eLearning, games increase retention 15x more than traditional methods alone. 15x
- Jump is an endless game whose theme is to aspire to ever greater heights of success. Players make their way left and right through an ever-changing, upwardly-moving customizable landscape.
- Players earn points by landing on a variety of platform types (normal bounce, boost, disappearing, mirages, and question).
- Questions can be asked via text, images, or videos and the answers can take the form of multiple choice, scrambles, pull-downs, and many others. Correct answers reward players with super boosts, points, and lives. Beware of falling objects, which are also customizable to correlate with learning themes.
- Match allows players to complete levels by swapping icons on a game board to make a match of three or more of the same icons.
- Once icons are matched, they are eliminated from the board and replaced with new icons, which can lead to the potential for more matches.
- Matches of four or more create unique icons that act as power-ups with larger board-clearing abilities.
- Players can also earn game boosts by spinning a wheel to determine a question category and answering that question correctly. All categories and questions are customizable.
- Scramble is a single or multi-player game in which a sentence is presented with a missing word.
- In a timed session, one player drags letters or words from an answer bank into the missing word, while another taps the Submit button.
- A correct answer stays in place and the player taps the right arrow key to bring up the next sentence, while an incorrect answer has its box turn red and fly back to the bank.
- The game ends once all the words and/or sentences have been completed.
- In the Maze challenge, players must clear one level at a time by collecting stars along the way, all while avoiding obstacles.
- Question power-ups, when answered correctly, empower the player to defeat their enemies. Mazes are randomly generated each time to increase replayability.
- The runner, enemies, jewels, and background are all customizable to meet your training and/or educational needs.
- Recall tests a player’s ability to retain specific details without the benefit of knowing what to pay attention to beforehand.
- Players view an image or video and are then asked one or more questions that relates to what they just saw.
- All pictures, videos, and questions are customizable.
- The game helps players maximize their focus and retention by using a game in a pop-quiz format.
- Scenarios asks players to navigate a conversation with an on-screen character by choosing from one of 3-4 potential answers.
- After choosing any of the answers, players are served positive or negative video feedback from the character along with text reinforcement points about why their choice was a good answer, what they did well or how they can improve.
- Points are given to players based the speed with which they arrived at a successful outcome.
- Grid presents players with a bank of answers that need to be correctly dropped into the appropriate set of rows and columns.
- After completing as much of the grid as the player wishes, they simply tap the Submit button for their answers to be immediately assessed.
- Correct answers stay on the grid, while incorrect ones turn red and fly back to their original position in the answer bank.
- When all answers are correct and Submit is hit for the final time, the game is over.
The Training Arcade™ analytics dashboard is engineered to unveil patterns of individual and group engagement with your material. It delivers actionable data to improve your training ROI by revealing knowledge gaps, personality behaviors, and group comparisons.