USING THE TRAINING ARCADE™ GAME AUTHORING TOOL
- Jump Splash Screen Company Logo Image – PNG or JPG, 300 x 125 or smaller.
- Jump Splash Screen Game Logo Image – PNG or JPG, 600 x 250 or smaller.
- Jump Splash Screen Background Image – PNG or JPG, exactly 1080 x 1920.
- Match Splash Screen Company Logo Image – PNG or JPG, 600 x 200 or smaller.
- Match Splash Screen Game Logo Image – PNG or JPG, 1000 x 300 or smaller.
- Match Splash Screen Background Image – PNG or JPG, exactly 1080 x 1920.
- Recall & Scramble Splash Screen Company Logo Image – PNG or JPG, 800 x 267 or smaller.
- Recall & Scramble Splash Screen Game Logo Image – PNG or JPG, 1023 x 191 or smaller.
- Recall & Scramble Splash Screen Background Image – PNG or JPG, exactly 1920 x 1080.
- Question Images – For best results, upload an image in a 16:9 ratio. If the image is in a different ratio, the game will scale it down and put letter boxes on the sides.
- Answer Images – For best results, upload a square image. If the image is not square shaped, the game will scale it down and put letter boxes on the sides.
Audio specs: mp3 files only
- Splash Screen Company Name Text: 20 characters
- Splash Screen Game Title Text: 20 characters
- Information Popup Title: 25 characters
- Information Popup Body Text: 295 characters
- Questions in Jump and Match: 350 if no image uploaded, 175 if image is uploaded.
- Questions in Recall and Scramble: 350.
- Letter Scramble Answers: 15 characters.
- Answers in Jump, Match and Recall: 75 characters.
- Game Name: 60 characters
When uploading a video to your game make sure you are using a Vimeo Pro account to ensure the best user experience across all devices. Other video options (e.g. Youtube) may not work well on certain browsers and devices. Please follow the steps below to ensure you have a successful video uploaded to your game:
1. Upload the desired video to your Vimeo Pro account.
2. Under settings select the “Privacy”.
3. Under the question “Who can watch this video” select the option “Only people with the private link” and press “save” at the bottom of the page.
4. Under settings now select “Video File”.
5. Once in the video file tab, locate the “Access your video files” section. Find the “Standard Def (360×618)” option and copy and past that link into the appropriate question in The Training Arcade CMS video link section.
6. Success! The video should now play in the designated question in your game.
How do I create a new game?
Click on the “New Game” tab in the left panel. Fill in your game information on the first tab, then enter 1 or more questions on the Questions tab, then hit “Save”. Saving your game will automatically publish it to the URL listed in the Publish tab.
What are themes?
Themes are design options to apply to the game. Themes do not affect the functionality of the game, only the aesthetic look.
Selecting a Theme:
Why can’t I upload an audio file to my question?
Audio files must be MP3s. WAV or other audio files are not supported.
My company logo or game title doesn’t look right on the Splash Screen. What is causing this?
For best results, scale your company logo to 240 x 150 or smaller. The game title should be 600 x 250 or smaller. Any larger will distort the splash screen.
How do I publish my games?
After entering your game info and clicking save, click on the publish tab and copy the URL. This is the URL you can distribute out to users. Any edits you save will automatically be pushed to the live site.
What is the information pop up?
This is an optional pop up to provide users with additional information. You can put in any special instructions, information on how many questions the user must get right to pass the course, or any context for the game.
Can I disable the timer on the game questions?
Yes, set the timer to 0 and the timer will be disabled.
How do I insert a True/False question?
User the multiple choice question type with only two potential answers, True or False. Then mark True as correct.
Why does my image have black bars around it on the questions and answers?
When uploading an image to a question, to avoid the black bars the image must have a 16:9 ratio. To avoid the black bars on an answer image, use a square shaped image.
Are the Training Arcade games available in other languages?
Yes! The Training Arcade games are currently available in 10 languages: English (UK), Japanese, German, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, French, Turkish, Portuguese, Italian and Russian.
How many games are available in The Training Arcade?
Right now, five games are available in The Training Arcade library (Jump, Match, Scramble, Recall and Trivia)
Where does the analytics and leaderboard information live?
All games and user information live on our servers and are editable using our CMS. It’s also worth noting: all games require internet and none of the games can be downloaded to run offline.
Can The Training Arcade games be embedded in another software?
The Training Arcade games can be run standalone using our unique URLs or can be embedded into a course using an iframe. The SCORM wrapper links via iframe to the URL created in the game.
OVERVIEW OF DATA, SECURITY, AND PRIVACY POLICIES
What do you do with my data
What steps are taken to ensure security of any personally identifiable data, e.g., encryption in transit and at rest?
The Training Arcade(™) website uses SSL certificates to ensure data is encrypted in transit and our database is encrypted at rest. Our payment processor is Stripe which means we are PCI compliant and never store your payment information on our servers. Stripe handles all transactions through their service and they maintain very strict security protocols.
A SaaS solution created by The Game Agency, an
award-winning training and edu game company.
© 2018 The Game Agency
2018 © The Game Agency