What do the different Match Types for Text Input Questions in Jeopardy!® mean?
There are 2 Question Types (Multiple Choice or Text Input) that an Admin/Creator can choose from when creating a JEOPARDY!® game. For Text Input questions in Jeopardy!®, there are various Match Types that can be used for the question choices. They are:
- Exact: the Admin/Creator has 50 possible questions to input. If a player types in their response to a clue and it is an exact match to those 50 possible questions then it is considered the correct answer. An Admin/Creator can account for misspellings and the question choices are not case sensitive.
- Contains: the Admin/Creator can include a series of letters for the correct question.
- Starts With: the Admin/Creator can include the first few letters for the correct question.
- Ends With: the Admin/Creator can include the last few letters for the correct question.
- Inside: the Admin/Creator can include a series of letters (or words) that are inside of the word or phrase.